Saturday, January 21, 2006

good stuff


There are strong indications that 2006 will be a good year! Although I had a rocky start with Simon’s cyst and some personal stuff where it turned out that I was more curious of what might develop if we took a good friendship to unknown grounds, than what my friend was. Apparently feelings are something you can plan if you are a man. There is a pre-determined path that should be taken and not be deviated from. One should be so lucky! Or maybe not? What’s the use of living if you know how it’s going to turn out anyway? It’s like reading the last page of a book: you don’t need to read the whole book if all you wanted to know is how it ended. I want to learn something every day. Learning is a wide concept and what I mean by that here is just that I don’t want to be bored. On the other hand, he might just have said that instead of what we all probably think to ourselves when we reject someone: you are ugly and boring. Not getting that in my face is probably one of the signs that 2006 will be a good year ;-) And besides: I’m a grown-up. All I can do is try to treat people with respect as well as respect myself. What’s done is done and can never be repaired, but as grown-ups there is always the polite acquaintance alternative! And I’m pretty good at that. As long as you know that a friendly gesture is just that: nice things friends do or say, it has nothing to do with deeper feelings. And that men don’t consider intimacy something you only have with people you like. Then you are ok. Life is definitely not boring…

So what do I base my 2006 prophecy on?! Quite a few things actually, including but not limited to the following:

  • Simon’s surgery went well. He is so much spunkier after this surgery than what he was after the ferocious dog-fight last summer.
  • Two of the kindest and most good-hearted people I know gave birth do daughters in December. Very much longed-for children will be taken care of by their parents in 2006.
  • Two of my good friends have met and moved in with, or are moving in with good men this year. These girls are cool, friendly, professional, and kind-hearted and where single despite this for a very long time.
    And here I’m talking about being single when you don’t want to be. When you have passed the stage of being happy about:
    being free, “allowed” to flirt anyone, not having to take someone else’s feelings or time in consideration, not having to spend so much money on food as you have to do when you live with a man, get all the covers in bed, not have to argue about cleaning routines or money, not going crazy when he wants to watch some TV show you don’t like etc.
    No, it’s when you reach the point when you wish you had someone to:
    eat breakfast with and discuss the editorials in the morning paper with, sleep embraced by, go on vacation with and who wants to experience moments and places with you, have passionate se x with, love enough to have children with, do everyday stuff with etc. That’s the kind of single I’m talking about. Now they can look forward to discovering all kinds of things about themselves, their men and couple-hood in 2006. Exciting and fun!
  • One of my fantastic, strong, creative friends has reached another level with her man. I get the feeling that they are more synchronized and have come to understand that even if they have miscommunications etc, it’s worth working through because of the reward you get from being in a healthy, loving relationship where both parties give and take and let the other person be unique. Their love for one another is a strong indication that 2006 will be a good year.
  • My sister’s oldest daughter can now speak and that she does! Listening to her and hearing what she has to say is going to make 2006 wonderful! Her little sister will be there shortly as well. Can’t wait!
  • Last but not least: I still have single friends who knows what I’m talking about and is out to have a good time, can comfort a sister in need, is up for a night of crappy TV, can discuss art and literature etc. The list could go on forever.

To sum it up: lots of good stuff is in the air!

4 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

What a positive attitude to have! I’m glad someone around here is so damn cheery! (hehe) It’s actually very refreshing and I wish I had that outlook sometimes. I fluctuate from—“Things are terrific!!!”—to—“I hate my life!!!” It could have something to do with my PMS and other mental disorders. Who knows.

I have to say though, after being with my partner for twelve years, we still have breakfast together, talk over coffee and still have that passionate sex. You could have that with someone after a period of time. Some people fail to keep that spark alive. Some say, “Well you shouldn’t have to work at it.” No…but you do have to make a conscious effort if you want anything to work out long-term.

Single life was great though- there are many advantages to it. Take….your….time. Enjoy this time while you can.

Your niece talks now! That’s exciting. I remember when my niece first started talking two years ago. I was named, “Debba” for the longest time. She couldn’t pronounce it. She calls my girlfriend Madelene----“Magic”. I have no idea why she calls her magic---when I want her to disappear---she never does. Bad name for her. Hope she doesn’t read this.

Anyway, Happy New Year- and enjoy 2006!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Åsa said...

Well if I only looked at the bad stuff I would have jumped out of a window a long time ago. This is just pure instinct of self-preservation. We do what we have to to stay alive I guess.

And you say the exact same thing as my mom does: you have to make a conscious effort each day in order to keep a good relationship! It should be an accepted standard for all of us then!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

A positive attitude is the one of the most important things in order to survive. The thing is--I have a hard time with the positive side--that negative side of me always creeps in.

And knowing me, if I attempted to jump out the window, I'd fail at that too, because it be located on the first floor. Not a good suicidal attempt. Just a bad cry for help. Lord help me!

Each day to make a conscious effort? Hmmm--let me retract that and say each month at least. (hehe) I'm so bad. I'll shut up now. :)

9:00 AM  
Blogger Åsa said...

Well - maybe my mom is just a very thorough person...

And if patience is a virtue: I'm a Saint ;-)

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home